Thursday 31 July 2014

2012 London Olympics. Day Four


2012 London Olympics. Day Four

Tuesday 31st July 2012

Evening people.

We're back. Cardiff Rocked. More on that later.

Remember when I wrote, the whiskey and honey worked? I was wrong. I was very wrong. I've had blood from every hole in my body and I've been in so much pain I've actually had tooth ache. Keeping it all from Anna was the worst bit. Has it stopped us doing the Olympic events we've had tickets for? DON'T BE STUPID! I'm Black Country me...

Also before I go any further. Can I just take a moment to thank everyone who has sent texts, E Mails and in some cases phone calls offering their kind words as to these diary/blog things. It's been a wonderful ego trip. Thanks again.

Here are a few loose ends from Day Three.

Apologies for it not making much sense, it was the drugs and pain...

Here is why I'm a Panasonic suck up. Yesterday, I used my camera so much that I killed my battery. It wouldn't even power up. I walked over to the Panasonic HD 3D Cinema (See crowd photo from Day Three) and introduced myself and asked if they had a re-charge facility. They hadn't. I was speaking to "Stephen Oakes". He looked at my camera and said I'll go and see if any of my staff have the same camera and I'll swop their battery for yours and he was off. 5 minutes later he came back and said that none of his staff had a TZ20 they had TZ30 and a TZ10... BUT, what he'd done was to contact Jessops the camera shop in Westfield Shopping Mail and said to them, expect this guy, he's coming to re-charge his camera. Just how cool is that? This is what separates the best from the rest. (Did I ever tell you the origin of my Panasonic love affair?).

As we were going home there were loads of 2012 Volunteers on the train. We were on a branch line and as these 2012 Volunteers got off the train, they didn't speak to each other. I found that really strange. I'm not expecting them to kiss and swop phlegm but a simple nod and greeting isn’t too much to expect is it?

We lost our Olympic Torch. We had a replica one. We were going to have our photos taken with it on the site. I can only hope that a tiny young person found it and it made their day. I like the idea that some tiny person grows up and spends the rest of their lives telling a story of how they went to the Olympic site and found a torch...



So, Day Four and Wembley for the footy. We had decided some days ago that we were going to pick off the giant Olympic rings, or as many as we could. So today gave us the chance to pick off a few more. St Pancras arrived much too quickly. Where is all off this traffic? Just where is this chaos? 

As we were taking photos of the rings and that statue, up walk two police officers from Liverpool who say, nice shirt (me in a Maiden top...? NEVER) are you fans I ask... 20 minutes later... Anna is still taking photos and we’re still yakking about Maiden, it’s been like it every day. It happened yesterday with the police too. Just before we parted I asked if they were Blue or Red. Red came the answer. “Can I ask you about Hillsborough?” I asked. We had a really good yak about that (anyone wanting to know what we said to each can forget it... unless you ask politely...).

Before going off to Wembley we popped over to Covent Garden. Anna loves it there. We were going to pop into the Olympic Museum but they had a private function on, so shopping it was.



This lack of chaos is really annoying. Getting around London is way too easy. We arrive at Wembley for GB v Brazil. What is it about female football that attracts lesbians? I don't get it. The closer we got to Wembley the more lesbians we see. I truly do not understand. It ends up being like some Gay Pride march or something. Don't misunderstand, I don't have a problem with lesbians as a quick search of my internet history can prove... but what’s the deal with female football? AND WHY DO THEY LOOK LIKE BLOKES? Really? Can someone? Anyone? Please explain why they go out of their way to look like blokes...



Loads of people took babies and toddlers to the game too. I understand "inspire a generation" etc... but you've got to be having a laugh. They had to put the buggies under one of the stands under the Bobby Moore statue (by the Wembley Shop) and quickly arrange a raffle ticket cloak room type thing. There were hundreds of the bloody things. Anna attracted the police by lying on the floor to take a photo of the Bobby Moore statue, turns out they were Maiden fans and from Stoke and were City fans...
 



Well I never thought I'd see the day. GB 1 Brazil 0 Att 70,584 What a goal it was too. Can you ever imagine the men’s team doing that?

All the usual chaos of getting out of Wembley. This is more like it. This is how it should be. EVENTUALLY we get home at midnight. Download photos. Everything on charge. Set alarms and off to bed by 01.00



Look out Cardiff here we come.

Noggin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment