Saturday 26 July 2014

2012 London Olympics. Opening Day -1


2012 London Olympics

Introduction

What you are about to read is a little something I quickly wrote during the 2012 London Olympics and sent out via E Mails, I wasn’t blogging at the time. I wrote it, or at least tried to write it, on a daily basis.

I was chatting to someone a few weeks ago and it was suggested that I should blog it properly, so that what I’m going to try to do.

Has it really been two years?

2012 London Olympics. Opening Day -1

Thursday 26th July 2012




Evening People.



Let me cut to the chase, because as I type this I have been up for 23.5 hours, I've done 720 miles and I want my bed. Some bright spark asked me to write an Olympics Diary/Blog type thing. How could I refuse? Before you all start to panic, it is not going to be like previous tour diaries. This is going to be very short and sweet - JUST LIKE ME - and I will only send a maximum of 5 photos. Got it? Good.

Here is a brief history. 6th July 2005 and London is awarded the 2012 Olympics and I decide I have to be a part of it. 7th July 2005 and London is attacked and that makes me more determined to a part of it. I completely change my career and then relocate with my new job to be closer to London and chase that dream.

Thursday 26th July 2012. 2am, alarm. 3am, leave Hertfordshire and drive to Cumbria to pick up my daughter Anna. We leave Cumbria and head back to Hertfordshire via Much Wenlock - where the modern day Olympics started - before going off to look at the Iron Bridge in Ironbridge, very convenient that... We finally get back at 11pm.

 




As for the photos? They tell their own story. Yes those are ADIDAS Tuscanny in light blue suede with navy blue trim and ain't they killers... and yes there are 6 photos and not 5 but it's my ball and if I don't win I'm taking my ball home with me... Have a closer look at the statue of the soldier, notice anything about his back pack?



That’s it. I'm off to bed.

 


Hope these make you smile.

Noggin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment