Tuesday 29 July 2014

2012 London Olympics. Day Two


2012 London Olympics. Day Two

Sunday 29th July 2012

Evening people.

It's the evening of Sunday 29th July and for Anna and Myself it has been our first day off so it meant a lie in and God did I need it. I’m still in pain and tonight I’m going to invest in some whiskey and honey.




Since my new found talent for being a natural born killer with a one string guitar I've spent all day playing Ted Nugent records...



I finally got a chance to catch up with some of the images of the Opening Ceremony. It was good to see that Danny Boyle copied my idea and visited the Industrial Revolution. Just how good did those Olympic rings look when they were forged and flown into the air?

For all the people who don’t know or understand what Coalbrookdale and The Black Country has given the world look here. To make it simple, if it wasn’t for Coalbrookdale and The Black Country we would all still be living in caves.



Whenever anyone asks me where I’m from I always say, The Black Country and everyone says, “Where?” I used to then say, about 10 miles North West of Birmingham. Now I say, you know those forged Olympic rings…?

As for those empty seats, I don’t have a problem with sponsors having those tickets, without them we wouldn’t have an Olympics. The problem I have is that the people that they are giving those tickets to are not using them. Also, they are saying that those tickets are not owned by sponsors. YES THEY ARE. How else can they explain blocks of empty seats? How can a block of unrelated people all not turn at the same time…? 



Here is a possible solution to the problem. Why don't they hold the tickets back and make them collect on the door, then any tickets that have not been collected one hour before it starts get sold at the cheapest price to anyone who has been willing enough to queue up for them.

Here are some photos that didn't make the final cut.








I'm dreading tomorrow... what have I done...?

Noggin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment